First Episode–The Webbs

Thanks to all of you who tuned in to the premiere episode of HGTV’s Elbow Room.  Saturday was such a fun day!  It was so exciting to see all of everyone’s hard work come to life on TV.  I have been dying to share this experience with all of my readers for quite a while, but I’ve had to restrain myself until the show aired. 

I’m thrilled to be able to show you pictures of the first episode.  I thought I would share a few tid-bits about each of the episodes as they air.  Here is an after shot of the home.

img_8225

This episode was such a fun episode to work on.  The family was absolutely amazing, and they were thrilled to be a part of the show.  We took the main living space in their ranch home, which was divided into four rooms, and transformed it into one open and airy space. 

I really had no clue what to expect while we were filming during this pilot episode.  If you can imagine a renovation in fast forward that is basically what it was.  From demolition of the space to the final homeowner reveal was right around three weeks.  I was amazed at how it was possible to do a renovation so quickly.  There were a few late nights and a lot of effort, but we did manage to get it done.2011-07-22_12-30-43_990

These photos were taken about two days before the final reveal.  It’s crazy to imagine that this unfinished space went from this state to totally complete in two or three days.

2011-07-22_12-31-26_728

For me, one of the most fun parts of this episode was getting to make a custom piece of artwork.  It was very easy to make.  I painted various widths and colors of stripes on a piece of precut luann. Then I added a coat of resin to bring out the colors in the paints.

2011-07-23_15-30-00_837

Here is the finished piece hanging in the dining area.

img_8044_2

img_8197

img_8083 img_8097

img_8206

img_8124 img_8163

Hope you enjoyed this little look into the show.  Just in case you are interested in seeing a little bit of fun on the set here’s a link to our cast and crew FB page.  Only members of the cast and crew can join, but anyone can view it.  We have too much fun on the set!  [Elbow Deep]

Photo credit for all final reveal images – Christina Wedge Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment