To my friends and readers

Dear Friends, more then a month has passed since I last laid eyes on the blog, I missed it and yet I was so busy that I had hardly time to think about it.


The weeks, which have passed, have been purgative, cleansing in more then one way!
My surgery has been successful, I am grateful for that and has left me full of enthusiasm and positive energy. I am healing still. A couple of weeks before I had made another important decision: To change my diet and lifestyle completely.
Since then I have begun studying nutrition, I am reading all about raw food preparation, have myself immersed in juice fasting, cleansing, juicing, smoothie preparation and the many aspects of a thoroughly new way of eating.
I know that this might sound strange to many of you, perhaps the idea of eating mostly raw could make people feel that one must miss so many great foods and how one can restrict oneself like this. Yet I have to tell you, the conscious decision to begin a mostly raw diet has been not taken lightly and I have been experimenting with it. The longer I am on it the more I love the way I feel and .... look! I do not feel restricted at all! On the contrary: I feel freed! And as always, suddenly I see more healthy food options everywhere, raw restaurants pop up in unexpected places and people have been telling me about their similar journeys! The universe aligns!


I will not go in all the details of a mostly raw diet, that would surely overextend the most patient reader, but I will tell you as much:
I will begin writing a separate food blog, in which you can follow me if you are interested.
In a nut shell, the things I do not eat and drink anymore as as follows:
Wheat, all dairy, sugar, processed foods unless raw, coffee, sodas, alcohol (with the exception of a glass of red wine once in a while) potatoes, white rice.
I have been sticking to it and lost all cravings for sweets, do not miss anything and feel well nourished. I do eat a little bit of meat once in a while, maybe every two weeks or so and seldom fish (sashimi) or baked salmon. I take a few selected supplements.

The result so far has been a healthy weight loss (almost 20 lbs), glowing skin, super energy and great motivation to immerse myself even more. I do yoga, walk a lot, about 3ml a day and hope to put in more exercise as I go along. I am not the gym person...
A great book, to get an idea about the journey I have been taking, can be found here:


The best part is, that my husband, seeing the results over the last weeks, has become so
enchanted, he joined me and we both are exploring the joys of raw foods.

And no - our kids stick to their standard diet, I feel that the example and good food around the house will intrigue them, but pushing would be a mistake. So they munch their chips and have their hot dogs, ice cream and pasta....No hard feelings.
But they also love my fruit smoothies, vegetable juices and salads!


So, while I have become a little introvert and concentrated on the inner workings of body and soul, I have not forgotten about you all out there and can't wait to get back on track!
I know summer is coming and some of you might close the blog shop for a while, but I will try to follow trough and stick again to regular posting of the ups and downs here at the Green House.....


Be well and happy!
Victoria




Images by V.Zlotkowski and amazon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment