In the driver's seat

Yesterday our daughter turned 16. A wonderful day, filled with reminiscence and my sometimes wistful thoughts on time, growth and the speed of it all.



Talking of speed, this morning she is taking her test to receive her learner's permit and she has been waiting and looking forward to this day for years.
As this  day approached, my heart sunk a little, some of my motherly fears and apprehensions collided with my pride and conviction that she will be a good and safe driver. My little girl out there on the roads, where I witness almost daily the fast and the fury? Where often the laws of the road are overlooked, overturned and ignored? How will she manage the maze of possibilities and all the lurking danger?
As with all new challenges in my children's lives, I will let them lead and I will support.
I will try not to scare her off with too much advise, I will trust she will manage just fine as we all did and hope - hope - her sound judgement, attention and her guardian angel will always be with her!
She will practice safe driving with us and I cannot think of a better guide then her father, a safe and careful driver and myself, without major accidents and a spotless record otherwise. Our example hopefully has given her the base layer, the subconscious code of behavior, something she might recall in moments of danger. 



I am happy for her, my lovely girl, to master yet another skill for living in the adult world.
May she always be safe out there! 

PS: She just passed the test successfully! 






All images private. Do not use unless my permission is given.

0 comments:

Post a Comment